How to Place Holds During Contactless Pick-Up
Inter-Library Loan is up and running again. It takes a little longer to get items due to quarantine but items are moving from library to library within the Finger Lakes System.
- Access your library’s PowerPAC Catalog. Visit www.coburnfreelibrary.org or go to flls.org and click on “Search the Catalog” icon.
- At the top of the FLLS screen, you will see Select Your Library. This will open a drop- down menu with all 33 member libraries, click on your local library.
- Locate an item to place on hold. Your library’s new items will appear under the search field. There are also suggestions for popular titles along the left-hand side. If you have a specific title in mind, type it into the search field. You may also enter a subject like “crochet” or your favorite author. When entering an author’s name, remember to type last name, first name. After entering your search terms, press enter on your keyboard.
- The search results will show titles available at your local library. To see more information about an item, click on Full Display. Otherwise, click on Place Hold Request.
- You will be presented with the login screen. Enter your library card number and your pin, which by default is that last 4 digits of your primary phone number. Click on Log In.
- Your pickup library will already be selected. Click on Submit Request.
- Please do not go directly to your library. It takes time to fill the hold so the library will contact you to let you know when your items are ready to be picked up. You may now return to your search results or go to your list of hold requests. You can also click on Search > Keyword in the menu to look for another item.
- Remember to log out of your account if you are using a shared computer. Click on Log Out in the top right corner.
Still Have Questions? Watch the video tutorial or contact your local library!
275 Main Street | Owego, NY 13827 | www.coburnfreelibrary.org | 607-687-3520