- This event has passed.
Library Appreciation week
April 3 - April 9
How to Celebrate
- Visit your library.
Whether you’re visiting in person or virtually, your Owego library offers the opportunity to connect with new worlds through access to technology, multimedia content, and educational programs. Take time to connect with the Coburn Free Library during National Library Week to see all they have to offer. www.coburnfreelibrary.org 275 Main Street, Owego, NY 13827.
- Support your library.
As National Library Week Honorary Chair Molly Shannon says, “Libraries are places where communities connect—to things like broadband, computers, programs and classes, books, movies, video games, and more.” During National Library Week 2022, we’re asking you to share the connections you’ve made thanks to your library. Did you find a great book? Get access to computers? Attend a great program or storytime? Did you make new friends at the library’s book club?
If you love your library, say it loud and proud: vocal community support helps libraries secure much-needed funding and reminds hardworking library staff that their efforts are appreciated.
- Write a note thanking the library for the programs and resources that help you the most.
- Write to the local paper to brag on how your library helps the community.
- If you have extra funds, make a donation to support library services or to for the library to buy more new books.
- Bring treats to the staff so they know they are appreciated.
- Make a post on social media telling what the library does well and why you appreciate their services. Don’t forget to tag @coburnlibrary!
- Follow your library on social media.
- Be sure to follow your library on social media so you don’t miss out on all they have to offer.
- Coburn Free Library accounts: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @coburnlibrary