- This event has passed.
AARP Tax Assistance – Appointment Required
You must call the library to register. You may not register online.
Tioga County Tax-Aide Program returns to Coburn Free Library in 2023
Tioga County AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program volunteers, in conjunction with several local sites that generously provide facilities and scheduling services, are pleased to offer assistance with income tax preparation again this year at no cost to eligible taxpayers. We work with low- to moderate-income taxpayers, mainly those 50 and older.
This year we will resume in-person single-visit appointments for many people. In addition, to support more complicated returns and several off-site volunteers, we will also make limited use of two-visit appointments like last year. (First appointment is to interview and scan documents. Second appointment a week later is to print, review, and sign the return.)
Call to schedule your appointment at one of the following four locations:
- Tioga Opportunities Inc. / Countryside Community Center 607-687-4222
- Owego Coburn Free Library (elevator for easy access) 607-687-3520
- Apalachin Library 607-625-3333
- Waverly Historical Society Museum 607-301-1193
For general questions you can contact Peter at email@example.com or 607-689-2787.
Printable pre-appointment packets are available below:
- For all appointments: AARP Tioga County pre-appointment tax forms for ALL TAXPAYERS 1-9-23
- If you are self-employed: Sch C worksheet – Self-employment income
- If you itemize: Sch A worksheet – Itemized deductions