CONTACT-LESS PICK-UP FAQ
Is the library building open?
- No, the library building will not be open to the public during contact-less pickup.
Can I come in to look at the books?
- You cannot access books in the traditional way yet but you can access our catalog online at coburnfreelibrary.org under “Search the Catalog Below”. In the future we will be reopening by appointment. This may not happen until after the summer.
Can we request items from other libraries within the Finger Lakes System?
- Inter-library loans will start back up on the week of July 6. 🙂
How do I place an item on hold?
- You can use the online library catalog or call the library for assistance (607-687-3520). Available on the website, we also have a Book Selection Feature if you would like help selecting a title.
Where do I return materials?
- All materials must be placed in the book drop or the over-sized drop box in the library entry. Do not hand them to library staff.
What happens to the materials I return?
- For the safety of both our staff and patrons, all returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are checked in and processed for future availability.
When will the library building be open?
- We do not have a date yet for re-opening our building, but we will be sure to inform everyone when in-house services will resume. Check our website or Facebook page for the latest updates.
What are the new hours?
- Staff is available to answer the phones and are working to fill holds on the following schedule:
- M / W / F 10am -3pm
- Tu / Th 2pm -7pm
When is contact-less pickup?
- You will be contacted when your holds are ready to pick up. The library vestibule is open for materials pick-up on the following schedule:
- M / W / F 11am-3pm
- Tu / Th 3pm-7pm
I still don’t understand how to place a hold, is there a video or something?
- Yes, yes there is. Click here for a video tutorial provided by our library system execs.