CONTACT-LESS PICK-UP FAQ
Is the library building open?
The library will REOPEN on October 1st with a few precautions:-Limit of 10 people at a time-Social distancing and masks required-Main floor access only-30 minute limit for computers-Sanitize hands on entry-No public restroomsThe library will continue still offer contact-free pick-up for those who prefer that method.Library hours beginning 10-1-20 will be: MWF 10-3 and T/Th 2-7
Can I come in to look at the books?
- Beginning October 1, you may peruse books in the traditional way yet AND you can access our catalog online at coburnfreelibrary.org under “Search the Catalog Below”.
Can we request items from other libraries within the Finger Lakes System?
- Yes! Inter-library loan is back up and running. We can move books from library to library within the system; however, out of system loans are not available.
How do I place an item on hold?
- You can use the online library catalog or call the library for assistance (607-687-3520). Available on the website, we also have a Book Selection Feature if you would like help selecting a title.
Where do I return materials?
- All materials must be placed in the book drop or the over-sized drop box in the library entry. Do not hand them to library staff.
What happens to the materials I return?
- For the safety of both our staff and patrons, all returned items will be quarantined for 6 days before they are checked in and processed for future availability.
What are the new hours?
- Staff is available to answer the phones and are working to fill holds on the following schedule:
- M / W / F 10am -3pm
- Tu / Th 2pm -7pm
When is contact-less pickup?
- You will be contacted when your holds are ready to pick up. The library vestibule is open for materials pick-up on the following schedule:
- M / W / F 11am-3pm
- Tu / Th 3pm-7pm
I still don’t understand how to place a hold, is there a video or something?
- Yes, yes there is. Click here for a video tutorial provided by our library system execs.